Regional Vice President of Sales
Regional Vice President of Sales
Do you love to innovate? Are you interested in being part of a forward-thinking organization on the cusp of affecting great change in an old school industry? Are you driven by the art of negotiation and the satisfaction of closing the deal? If so, we are looking for a person like you. A Regional Vice President at Ringmaster is the face of our company to TPA and agency partners in a specified geographic region. The RVP will deliver our technology solution and value proposition to the market, demonstrating its value to potential clients. He/she will have specified annual performance objectives for sales, market growth, and client retention. The RVP will work closely with the management team, and internal colleagues in marketing, development, and operations in order to build and execute an annual plan to meet pre-determined objectives. Ringmaster relies on our RVPs to provide valuable feedback from the field to development and operations to ensure that we collectively deliver an exceptional customer experience throughout the entire client lifecycle. Thus, the RVP will be responsible to provide market-based feedback to enable continuous improvement and for road-mapping purposes.
The primary focus of this position is to deliver results in a complex environment that demands solution-based selling. A high level of communication, energy, sociability, and accountability are crucial to this role. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of relevant skills and industry experience, and will be eager to work alongside a team of equally driven individuals.
- Responsible for developing and executing annual plan to meet sales and client retention objectives for a specified geographic region. This plan will align with the company’s overall business plan, based on revenue and expense line items on the profit and loss statement.
- Provide quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the plan. This includes participating in weekly sales conference calls with a detailed description of realized results, prospect pipeline, and other activities.
- Spend a significant portion of time in market with individual prospects and Ringmaster’s collective prospects. He/she will also be required to spend time each quarter at Ringmaster’s corporate office working with the management team and colleagues in pursuit of the company’s strategic plan.
- Share market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies both with the current product offering as well as the development of new offerings, and enhancements. This includes pricing strategy, competitive pricing analysis, price/value analysis, and trend analysis
- Participation in annual development of trade show strategy, including determining events to attend, exhibitor opportunities, and speaking engagements. Will work with management and the marketing team to coordinate a unique show strategy for each event, including ascertaining logistical and staffing needs, and tracking ROI on each event attended.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years experience with self-funded ERISA plans
- Understanding of Stop Loss insurance including its RFP process and administration
- Quantifiable relationships with TPA and agency partners in a specific region
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Self-directed, motivated, and accountable
- Solution-based selling experience
- Ability to travel 40-50% of the time
- Stop Loss insurance underwriting experience
- Ability to problem solve and willingness to learn
- Adaptable and flexible personality
- Professional services or software installation expertise